Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Like manna from heaven

For my birthday (yesterday, here), my bro and my sis-in-law, conjunctively known as Amandrew, sent a very large box. I opened the box and found chips. Lots and lots of chips. A great taste of home, and now I can't complain about the chips here! Awesome.

This will contribute, of course, to my already healthy weight-gain. I'm walking a ton more than in the last several years (it's a walking city), but all the yummy eating out and the beer have made me a bit more, well, healthy. (Another downside of the upside.) But as I told Andrew, I'd much rather gain the weight off the US chips than the NZ chips.

Stuart disagrees. He's originally an Australian, and he lived in the US for about nine years, I think. He wanted to know why I liked American chips better, since he had the opposite experience. I told him that American chips are better because (1) they're not burnt and (2) they're not ridiculously thick. He replied that Kiwi chips are better because (~1) they're not undercooked, (~2) they're not waif-like, and (3) they make you go "mmmm." Clearly I need a comeback to (3).

2 Comments:

At October 05, 2005 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...a comeback. Here's a few: With American chips, you can't eat just one? With American chips, there's a level of trans and saturated fats that cannot be matched by any other country's chip. American chips make you go 'Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!'? Glad to send ya a little taste of America, bro.

 
At October 06, 2005 6:48 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I like the third one--the Howard Dean approach to chip appreciation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home