Sunday, March 19, 2006

Music, part deux

So, after the earlier post on my music, I got two kinds of response to the song:

1) "It's good!"

2) "I liked it, but it's not my favorite one of your songs."

I hope (1) is true, but more importantly, I agree with (2), so I have posted a couple other songs on the music page, both of which, I confess, I like more than "Everything is gonna be alright" (though I'm also always a bit partial to whatever song I wrote most recently, which in this case is that one). Both of the newly posted tracks were written when living in Bakersfield, which turned out to have been a strangely productive place, writing-wise. Again, if you want to have a listen, I recommend the "mp3" and "Stream Hi" options. Again, the usual caveats apply: please excuse the bum vocal notes and other errors.

Hat-tip: Note that "Each Other's Mistake" is significantly enhanced by a Wurlitzer performance by cousin Jordan, a very accomplished musician.

Audiostreet, the hosting service for these songs, is curious. They clearly have a lot of people using them (when I started there, before anyone had visited the site, I was ranked below 18,000). But it doesn't seem like it takes much to work your way to the top of the charts. As I write this, I'm ranked 7,802, and I've gone as high as 265. But I've only had 43 page views and 11 song listenings. That's for my "artist ranking." As for the song ranking, "Everything is gonna be alright" is currently bottoming out at 19,573, but it's been as high as 190, with only those 11 song plays. It's hard to see how there can be so much variation with such little attention, so I'm not sure how their rankings work. Any speculative explanations are welcome in the 'comments' section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home