Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Nightmare

My dad has arrived from NYC. We had a nice time yesterday, and we're going to Paraparaumu Golf Course today (supposedly the 99th best GC in the world, but very affordable) and then down to the Southern Alps tomorrow.

That's not the nightmare. Yesterday, dear old Dad was telling me I needed a haircut. Which is true, actually. I needed one when I got here, and now it's been two months. I think I'm having trouble trusting Kiwi barbers, for some reason. Anyway, there were multiple discussions about the state of my hair. And then last night, I had an awful nightmare that my hair had taken on its own personality and grown into a mullet, which couldn't be undone. (For those of you unfamiliar with mullets, click here, and then click on "Top Mullets"--it's a good education.) Very scary. These are the nightmares I have--not about monsters or evil people even, but just about vanity. Sad.

1 Comments:

At August 30, 2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Apparently, my Kiwi barber comment has left some misimpressions. It's not that they're particularly bad, so far as I can tell. It's just that whenever I move to a new place I have trouble giving myself over to a new barber. (Cough, cough--David, is that better?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home