Sunday, December 04, 2005

Back in NZ



Had a great trip to the US. It was great seeing everybody (and thanks for putting me up!). One question that kept popping up was what differences I was noticing back in the US as compared with NZ. The answer is the same old. (1) Tons of religion. I heard recently that only 7-11% of Kiwis consider themselves religious. You sure don't see that in America--seemed like every other news story involved religion in one way or another. (2) Everything's bigger in the US. Sure, it's probably not good with the size of the SUVs (my Subaru Legacy is a monster over here!) or the food portions or the obesity to which they contribute. But bigger is often better. Loved the large applicanes, large rooms, wide roads, large trash cans, etc.

I didn't bring my camera with me, so I don't have any pictures from the US, but I did manage to get a copy of this one from Julie, of an actual car--I'm told that no photographic distortions were introduced (which my eyes can't believe!). Very cool. More NZ pictures will be forthcoming, after Julie and I do our sea-kayaking/camping/hiking/glacier-climbing extravaganza in the South Island next week. Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'm buying the not "the no photographic distortions" thing. But I've been fooled before.
It was good to see you at Thanksgiving. Don't play too hard during your summer. And remember your US people shivering and drying off back here in the states.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home