Monday, July 11, 2005

Burden or benefit?

I have to admit that I'm having two major issues about living here. (Well, there are many, I guess, but here are two salient ones.) As most anyone who's reading this knows, I'm addicted to many things. But I'm especially addicted to TV and various forms of chips. And both are pretty shabby here.

First the chips. Absolutely awful. Surprisingly, they do a couple of good tortilla chips, but no potato chips at all worth eating. Just awful. Oh, what I would give for a good Ruffle or Kettle here and there.

Then there's the TV. Thankfully, they import a lot of good US shows, including most of the HBO series (Sopranos, Deadwood, Six Feet Under--all on broadcast TV, right after Will and Grace, weirdly), Lost, etc. And I get a lot of American sports. Thank goodness. But very few channels. And not much good homegrown stuff, which is especially odd given the boom of the Kiwi presence in film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home