Friday, May 19, 2006

Broken Barrier

Okay, this one has nothing to do with NZ, but I figured it was the appropriate place for late-breaking news: I have broken the 90 barrier in golf!

Sure, most people reading this won't care, but after flirting with 90 while in LA, I went into an awful slump for about the last year. Then I finally got back to about 95, and then last weekend, I shot an 88. I even have proof: for those who wish to see the scorecard (note the two birdies, one of which is on the third hardest hole!), click on the link on the right entitled, "My Really Bad Golf Handicap." The NZPGA adjusts scores for handicapping purposes, so adjusted it actually comes to an 86 (presumably knocking my quad-bogey on the 1st down to a double-bogey).

Okay, enough golf for now. At least until I better that score.

3 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you! Though I've no idea what quad- or double-bogey's (bogies?) are...

 
At May 23, 2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE WORK JOSH!!!

You need to rename your handicap site to- My Constantly improving Golf Handicap.

toph

 
At May 23, 2006 9:51 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Thanks, Toph. Though you know what this means: I'm going to have to beat you next time I'm in NYC in the summer.

Julie, a bogey is one over par, double is two over par, and so on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home